Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The American Edit picks + Summer Sale is now 40% OFF!

THE AMERICAN EDIT...AMERICAN MADE


It's probably not a big surprise that we are huge fans of Rita Mehta & her blog The American Edit around here.  Rita's commitment to finding the very best of American made goods and telling the unique stories behind the collections has quickly earned her a large and loyal following and we consider ourselves super lucky to have her reside in Minneapolis and call her a friend.  At MILLE we strive to keep a big percentage of store "Made in the USA" and Rita was thoughtful enough to share a list of her current favorites...here goes!

I love almost everything the Podolls make - the items are classic and simple, but special enough that I reach for them time and time again. If I'm feeling bold, I may wear this open over my bathing suit (with a really great hat!)- but it would be equally good paired with white or black skinnies! 
I love my le feu de l'eau candles - they smell amazing and look just as good when they aren't burning. This new black and blue version is my favorite yet!
I bought the Navy overnighter from Mille before my recent trip to Europe and have used it almost every day since - it's perfect for work, for travel, and everything in between. I've even had men ask me where I got it! 
I met Eliza and Claire from Hopewell Workshop a few months ago and love their focus on form AND function. This is one of my very favorite of all of their quilts!
Hannah's work is simple and refined - the type of pieces you can wear all day every day. In the summer I don't like to wear a ton of jewelry, but I almost always wear one of these cuffs. 
I've worn this ring (over my knuckle) every day for over a year and am not sick of it yet! It's the perfect simple statement piece - I get compliments on it all of the time. 
You need a great sweatshirt for the summer - the nights can be cold and most places are overly air conditioned. The fit on Taylor Stitch pieces is always perfect - I'll live in this this summer.
Who doesn't love a two-in-one option? You can wear this Kathleen Whitaker cuff as is or just wear the gold bar. I wear my KW staples almost every day and love that this cuff is simple but still a statement piece. 



Shop the Summer SALE - SS14 collections are now 40% off...
NEW ITEMS ADDED


Studio hours 
Mon - Wed 11-3, Thurs 11 - 5
Closed FRI-SUN for the holiday
316 W 48th St
Minneapolis, MN 55419

xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!