Friday, June 18, 2010

Weekend Rental - Dad's Day Double Feature



If my Dad had a style icon it would have to be the King of Cool himself Steve McQueen...and who can blame him - the man had some serious style and his bad boy persona made him a favorite of men & ladies alike...while I'd pick something with a bit of romance like The Thomas Crown Affair, I think Bullitt, with it's classic car chase has to be required father's day viewing...
Of course, we'd have to follow that with Star Wars for my hubs...who grew up wanting to be like Han Solo - I'm down with the rafish charm but he probably wasn't the best role model romantically speaking...seriously, he ruined a generation of boys with that scene from Empire Strikes Back where Han is about to be frozen...Leia: "I love you" Han: "I know"...
So Happy Father's Day and may the force be with you this weekend...
xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. The Han quote is too funny! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby loves Star Wars too. Must rent for the weekend.
    Best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good weekend!!! I just got back from my little brother's high school graduation and the valedictorian was a cute girl and somehow managed to quite cooly pull off quoting Star Wars. Love that.

    xx katie

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!