Friday, May 28, 2010

Everday Obsessions {16} - Alecia Stevens - designer, writer & stylist

Since I was posting about home this week I thought it only fitting to check in with one of my favorite designers, Alecia Stevens, for her Everyday Obsessions...you can see her gorgeous work here and read her  musings on life food design travel etc here...Enjoy!!




In My Closet:
tee - DKNY tissue tee - in black and white. I have 6 of them right now! 
jeans - J. Crew white. One pair is the matchstick, one is a boot leg. love them for spring with boots.  
on my feet - Completely worn out Prada sandals from three years ago and a really great pair of gray buckskin boots (Fiorentini + Baker)
accessory - My Christmas gift from Lee- a new bag - got it in Barcelona - love it! Big enough for my computer.
jewelry - Paloma Picasso silver earrings. And my beloved wedding ring designed by Heinz Brummel. Hoops, too.








Beauty Secrets:
Skin - Hauschka
makeup - Bobbi Brown
scent - Kiehl's Musk oil






 
In My Kitchen:
cookbook - Alice Waters - The Art of Simple Food. Otherwise, in my head.
gadget - cast iron pan
15 min easy recipe - Huevos Rancheros
can't live w/o ingredient - wine (oops)
 
Home:
walls - white
bedding - white
flowers - branches or orange roses in Moroccan tea glasses
favorite design source - World of Interiors magazine and Australia Vogue Living magazine
 

 

Pop Culture Extra Credit:
on my nightstand - Honestly, at this moment, I'm reading about Carl Jung's Transcendent Function. Really. I'm in therapy with a Jungian. There you go.
on my tivo - I don't have one. Don't even have cable channels!
in my ipod - Embarrassing - my favorite right now is '80's schmalz - especially England Dan and John Ford Coley! Also, always...Joni Mitchell, the Eagles, Etta James, The Band, Emmylou Harris, Greg Brown, Lucinda Williams, Iris DeMent, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Michael Jackson, Django Reinhardt.  I am a musical cross dresser.



1 comment:

  1. BTW - you do a fabulous job of bringing this to life with your images! Thanks for asking me to be a part of this.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!