Saturday, November 28, 2009

Weekend Rental - Wes Anderson



Growing up we always had a movie tradition on the holidays...sick of turkey, togetherness, and football I was always happy to escape to a new release come Thaksgiving afternoon...while I've never been able to convince my husband's family to join me at the Movieplex I was able to sneak out with my mom this year to Fantastic Mr Fox and it didn't disappoint.  I adore Wes Anderson films and his quirky style, snappy dialogue, and unique vision transfered perfectly to this stop motion adventure based on a Roald Dahl story.   If you're looking for some rentals to watch with your family after the little ones have crashed why not revisit some Wes Anderson classics...My favorite is Rushmore, but The Royal Tenenbaums, Bottle Rocket, and the Darjeeling Limited all merit another viewing (or a place in my christmas stocking..).  Style and Substance...Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!