Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Party Girl - 80's Redux

Sequin Blazer

3.1 Phillip Lim jacket, $895, T by Alexander Wang dress, $95, T by Alexander Wang t shirt, $76, Levis jeans, $68, Urbanoutfitters.com shoes, $98

As much as I love to shop, I really hate to spend a lot on "special" clothes that you only wear a few times.  I'd much rather have luxurious day pieces that I run into the ground than a closet full of sparkly party dresses.  Hmmm, I'll rephrase that, I'd love mountains of diaphanous confections if it was in my budget but as it stands I'd rather splurge on the wardrobe workhorses.  So, with the holiday party season ahead, I'm looking for easy items that can be worked any number of ways.  My first must have is a very of the moment sequin blazer.  80's versions are easily found at your local vintage store, or inexpensively at H&M, forever 21, and Urban Outfitters.  Of course, this Phillip Lim number is lovely!  For a night out with the girls, I'd pair it with vintage 501's, a white v-neck, ankle booties, and a chunky crystal and chain necklace.  To turn it into a sexy party look simply sub in a LBD, tights, and some fab earrings...easy!

Stay tuned for more...
xoxo
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!